darkmane: (Default)
[personal profile] darkmane
Two weeks ago my scooter broke down.

With [livejournal.com profile] winneganfake's help we got it into Lakecity Honda and they told me it was going to be $150. Yay!

Then Friday they call to let me know that there seems to be some damage to the engine because I hadn't had the oil changed. This is annoying because I have taken the scooter in for all the recommended maintenance and the last time I had it done I had it done at Lakecity Honda and I thought they were going to change the oil.

At $1000-1500 we are looking at a almost the cost of a new scooter, so I'm thinking I'll learn to change my own oil and save up.

Then Saturday Bethany our tortie decided she wanted to give us a heart attack. She got under the bed and began to scream about how bad the world was and turn in circles. We got her out and to the emergency vet (our regular vet was too busy for an emergency when we called.) We also saw her eyes were shaking and one pupil was larger than the other.

We got to the emergency vet, they did their diagnosis. Either vestibular disease or a stroke, we're hoping for vestibular disease. Luckily we have heard from a couple of people who have had similar experiences which give us hope. Bethany still has two pupils of different size but she is moving around fairly well, maybe a little leaning and timidness. But she is eating and loving.

Then this morning I accidentally deleted my entire inbox at work. Everything is in the trash, which is good but outlook hid the "Recover Deleted Items" option none of the context sensitive options I was looking for showed it.

Date: 2011-02-01 02:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] heartsease.livejournal.com
I had a cat with vestibular who recovered well enough to lead an almost perfectly normal life until the age of 14, and when she went, it was from another life long issue.

The biggest challenge for her was judging distances, so it made her a little jumpy when she was approached quickly. Cloud never jumped quite as high as she did before the vestibular, but she had no problem getting where she wanted to go. After a year or so, the only way you could tell anything was wrong was her head tilt.

I hope your little one recovers soon, I know how awful it is to have a sick kitty. :(

Date: 2011-02-01 06:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] singingnettle.livejournal.com
Oy gavolt.

Sending hugs, since there's really nothing useful I can do from this distance.

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2 345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 08:09 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios